Monday 20 August 2012

Task One- Essay question

During my time studying media i have think that i have progressed in many different ways. I would say that my best points are good teamwork, i can be put into any group and work efficiently and sensibly when studying. My group in year 12 was a good decision as all of our work was divided up fairly, no one was left out and no one was made to do the majority of the work and i think that our coursework grades reflected that as we just got on with it and all the hard work has paid off.
Another one of my best points is good communication between groups as everyone knew what was happening, whether we were changing filming days or who was going to research what.
-One of my bad points was that sometimes i didn't know how to improve the quality of my posts as i would have to extend them further which was a weakness for me. Hopefully i will pick up that skill working on my A2 coursework blog and achieve as high a coursework grade as last year.
Another bad point was that when it came to filming, we tended to drag it on a bit in the sense that we would change the filming day until later in the week for example, and also on some occasions we were slightly organised when filming and we would have to make ideas up on the spot, although sometimes you get new ideas anyway, however we made up a lot off the top of our heads for which shots to do or where to position the shot. 

   In the two practical tasks I have recently learnt that i am now able to use different programmes on the computer, for example i had never even heard of final cut express before taking media studies as an A-level subject, so for me to go from not knowing the programme to picking up various skills during editing lessons on the Macs is a massive confidence boost which not only have i just picked up but in future will be able to use these skills. Blogger was also new to me. I really enjoy adding new posts to my blog as it is an interactive way of learning/ finding out new things which makes it a hell of a lot easier to upload information and quickly. I felt like blogger was a particular strength for me as i took to it well and was rather organised when adding new posts. 
I was never into using handheld digital cameras but now i am able to use one with no problems at all, and can use a tripod and attach the camera to it. All these technical items sound so easy to use but when it comes down to it there are some things that need to be learnt. 
I have also leant that it's not just how much you film, theres a lot more to it. You have to make sure you get the shots correctly so getting angles of the camera right and making sure you have a variety of different shots to make the clip more interesting. For example we added in a cross cut which was actually one of the highlights of our last opening to our thriller film. 

With the research and planning it is a much more important process than we originally thought. Gathering all the relevant information was vital in making sure that we ticked all the boxes for what target audiences preferred etc. This made us choose our target audiences much more carefully and it was an interesting insight in seeing what people actually wanted to see in a thriller movie of their choice and what they didn't want to see- we did this through interviews and a lot of on line research.




No comments:

Post a Comment